Bali is an island endowed with great natural beauty, fascinating culture and traditions that are religiously guarded and preserved by its people. Shrines and temples as well as lush terraced rice fields dominate the landscape. The Hindu Bali religion touches all aspects of Balinese society. Offerings to different deities are made everyday in almost every nook and crany. Integral to the Balinese life and culture are the ceremonies and festivals, of which each stage in life is celebrated with ceremonies and rituals.
Besides the rich cultural attractions, water sports is an increasingly popular activity of choice, and Bali boasts superb surfing, windsurfing, sailing, scuba diving and white water rafting.
Visit the Bali Barat National Park for an adventure to the mountainous densely forest and wild areas of West Bali, including the waters around Menjangan Island which has Bali’s best diving and rare bird species, the black palm cockatoo and the Jalak Bali.
Major tourist attractions in Bali:
- Kuta Beach, don’t miss the world’s most beautiful sunset scene
- Nusa Dua, white sand beaches & luxury hotels
- Various resort areas: Seminyak, Legian, Sanur & Jimbaran
- Tanah Lot, Bali’s most popular temple which is built on top of a big rock
- Ubud, the arts & cultural centre of Bali
- Pura Besakih, the largest temple compound in the island
Bali Travel Guide
Free Indonesia Travel Guide Series
Bali’s irresistible combination of natural beauty and unique culture is the perfect recipe for a romantic, tropical wedding destination.
Simply fill in your name and email below to get download access.